November 26th, 2020 | Published in Vacancies
Skene Group was founded in June 1968, originally involved in plant contracting, the company has diversified into being one of the UK’s leading independent operators in the construction supply sector.
We currently have a vacancy for a Weighbridge Operator, based at our Soutra Mains Quarry in the Scottish Borders. The successful candidate would have to be able to demonstrate good organisation and administration skills along with the ability to communicate well. To ensure the smooth operation of the weighbridge facility and act as a point of contact for customers and contractors.
- Direct customers & sub-contractors coming onto the site and operate the weighbridge.
- Accurately record weights of outgoing material.
- Process delivery notes and tickets in an efficient and timely manner.
- Comply with all Health and Safety procedures in place.
- Liaising with drivers and resolving any issues/problems that occur.
- To keep the weighbridge area clean and tidy.
- To undertake other weighbridge/administration duties the site manager may reasonably expect.
Qualifications, knowledge & skills:
- IT proficient in word, excel, outlook.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Team Player
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Health and Safety awareness and knowledge.
- Have the ability to prioritize workload and use own initiative to ensure all tasks are done and the weighbridge runs smoothly.
- Good Time Keeping
- Good organisational skills.
- Fully conversant with office equipment including photocopier / scanner / printer.